The Comox Valley Economic Development office was formed in 1988 and is a non-profit society with annual funding from the City of Courtenay, Town of Comox, Village of Cumberland, and the Comox Valley Regional District areas A, B and C.
The Comox Valley Economic Development Board of Directors is comprised of 13 members; 3 individuals appointed to represent Comox Valley Regional District Areas A, B and C, one elected official from each of the 3 municipalities, one K’omoks First Nation appointed representative, and six elected Directors from the private sector, and one Ex-officio Past-President.
To review the current 5 Year Comox Valley Regional Economic Development Plan; click here.
Comox Valley Economic Development assists companies and entrepreneurs access key services and resources, and act as a catalyst for economic growth in the region.
The three focus areas of the office include:
- Business Retention and Enhancement
- Investment Attraction and Promotion
- Economic Development Coordination, Facilitation and Communication
Our role is to support new and existing businesses by supporting the provision of:
- Economic statistics, data and resources and analysis
- Referral Assistance
- Export Assistance
- Labour Force Readiness Program
- Business Counts Program;
- Workshop and Seminar Series Coordination
- Business Visitation
- Foreign Direct Investment Support
- Business Visitation and Entrepreneurial Program
- Distribution of announcements and news via Business Counts e-News and Social Media
“Encourage responsible expansion of the economic base of the Comox Valley with the intent of enhancing wealth and employment opportunities.”