Business Viability: Analysis and Forecasting
October 20, Part 1 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM; Part 2 1:00 – 4:00 PM, CVEDS Boardroom, 580 Duncan Ave, Courtenay
This package explores how to determine, evaluate and forecast your business finances. In this seminar you will learn how to analyze the financial viability and determine the strength of your business’ cash flow for potential investors.
Business Viability 1 – The Break Even Analysis
Business Viability 2 – The Cash Flow Forecast
Part 1: The Break Even Analysis
Many entrepreneurs launch businesses based solely based on the idea alone. Successful businesses are profitable, or have the potential for profit. Come join Bill Erichson to learn how to identify the costs to start and operate your business for the first year… and then calculate the starting capital and annual sales required to break even.
- Discover the three kinds of start-up costs.
- Determine your start-up requirements.
- Identify your overhead costs.
- Understand mark-up, margin and cost of goods – your variable costs.
- The break-even…the first goal of any business.
Whether for a starting business, or for a new and expansion stage for an existing business, book this seminar today and find out how to determine the financial viability of your business.
Presented By: Bill Erichson of Pacific Training Innovations
Part 2: The Cash Flow Forecast
Just because your business is profitable, does not mean it is viable. Cash flow is arguably the most crucial part of your financial plan. Without strong cash flow, you run the risk of going broke before achieving your break-even point.
- Discover the three factors that determine how cash enters your business each month.
- How to forecast your monthly cash out flows.
- Understanding cash flow calculations.
- The real causes of cash flow problems.
- Doing ‘what if’ calculations to plan for success.
There is an old saying: “There are two ways to go broke. No profits is the slow painful way…no cash flow is the fast painful way.” Join Bill Erichson for this seminar and plan for the success of your business.
Presented By: Bill Erichson of Pacific Training Innovations.
This seminar is hosted at Small Business BC in Vancouver and delivered to other locations via live webinar. Please note: all webinar participants will also receive access to a recording for seven days after the live session.