Start Smart Series
October 18, Part 1 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM; Part 2 1:00 – 4:15 PM, CVEDS Boardroom, 580 Duncan Ave, Courtenay
The Start Smart Series provides a step-by-step guide to starting your business right. This series includes two seminars where five industry experts provide their knowledge and tips to help you start your business smart.
- Learn what resources will help you get started.
- Understand the registration process.
- Know what business structure to use and the guidelines of protecting your business.
- Start Smart 1
- Start Smart 2
This seminar is hosted at Small Business BC in Vancouver and delivered to other locations via live webinar. Please note: all webinar participants will also receive access to a recording for seven days after the live session.
This seminar covers basic small business start-up information and is designed for the client in the thinking stage of starting a business.
- Overview of all the basic requirements including: name registry, business structures, municipal licensing requirements, GST registration and an overview of employment standards.
- Small Business BC resources are highlighted with emphasis on business planning tools, market research, business planning and trade services.
- A demonstration of our website(s) and methods to evaluate your business idea and its viability in the market place.
- Brian Rudy of Synergy Business Lawyers will deliver the last hour of this seminar discussing the differences between proprietorships, partnerships and incorporations.
Presented By: A representative of Small Business BC and Brian Rudy of Synergy Business Lawyers
Life is risky, although entrepreneurs know all about taking risk and reaping rewards; it is important to know how to protect you and your business. If you are working on your business plan and want to understand how to protect your business, yourself and your employees, this is the seminar for you.
- Learn about employment standards including bonding, employees and running a small business.
- Discover ways to protect your business.
- Acquire the necessary information about the Provincial Sales Tax (PST).
- Discuss the legal requirements regarding intellectual property, trademarks, patents and designs.
This seminar is hosted at Small Business BC in Vancouver and delivered to other locations via live webinar. Please note: all webinar participants will also receive access to a recording for seven days after the live session