The Comox Valley is Vancouver Island’s true winter destination. With a resort boasting one of North America’s deepest snowpacks right at the Valley’s doorstep, you can bet that winter time means fun-time for locals and visitors alike. Winter isn’t all about snow play however, even with phenomenal skiing and boarding only 30 minutes away, a green Comox Valley offers visitors an opportunity to play a bucket list favourite year-round golf!
Treat yourself to a rejuvenating spa treatment, browse for gifts in art galleries and boutiques, visit the indoor Comox Valley Farmers’ Market, check out one of eight museums, experience crystal clear visibility scuba diving or enjoy festive window displays in downtown shopping areas. To discover the glory of a Comox Valley winter, try some of these options for winter fun:
1) Experience spectacular scuba diving in one of the world’s cleanest marine environments
2) Schuss the slopes at Mount Washington on skis or snowboard
3) Check out over 55 miles of pristine cross-country trails at Mount Washington’s Raven Lodge
4) Treat yourself to a rejuvenating spa treatment
5) Tour the festive window displays in the Downtown shopping areas
6) Browse local art galleries and gift shops
7) Check out one of our eight museums
8) Visit the indoor Comox Valley Farmers’ Market and sample local produce
9) Challenge yourself on one of the year-round golf courses
10) Celebrate the winter season at Comox Valley WinterFest
Triple Heat Dance – Academy
Triple Heat Dance – Academy of Performing Arts is thrilled to present their 5th annual showcase performances featuring two exciting and diverse shows. Dancers, ages 3 – 18, will perform in a variety of dance styles including ballet, song & dance, tap, jazz, lyrical, modern and hip hop. These showcases will also highlight award winning group and soloist selections that are sure to excite. Showcase 1 and Showcase 2 are sure to be outstanding and entertaining performances for all ages.
Matinee also on May 27th at 1:00pm
(Saturday) 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm
Sid Williams Theatre
442 Cliffe Avenue, Courtenay, BC V9N 2J2
Triple Heat Dance - Academy of Performing Arts
Strathcona Symphony Orchestra's May concerts occurring on both May 27th at 7:00pm and May 28th at 2:00 pm. Tickets are 15$.
Strathcona Symphony Orchestra’s May concerts occurring on both May 27th at 7:00pm and May 28th at 2:00 pm. Tickets are 15$.
(Saturday) 7:00 pm
Native Sons Hall
360 Cliffe Ave. Courtenay, BC V9N 2H9
A Wonderful upcoming joint concert with the Vancouver Orpheus Male Voice Choir and the Canadian Military Wives Choir Comox! Celebrate Canada’s 150th with a selection of Canadian songs from Sea to Sea to Sea!
Tickets $15, available in advance from Blue Heron Books in Comox and Benjamin Moore House of Colour.
(Saturday) 7:30 pm
Comox United Church
250 Beach Dr, Comox, BC V9M 3M5