The Comox Valley is Vancouver Island’s true winter destination. Ski one of North America’s deepest snow bases at Mount Washington Alpine Resort, treat yourself to a rejuvenating spa treatment, browse for gifts in art galleries and boutiques, visit the indoor Comox Valley Farmers’ Market, check out one of eight museums, experience crystal clear visibility scuba diving, challenge yourself on a year round golf course, enjoy festive window displays in downtown shopping areas and don’t forget to book a winter marine wildlife viewing tour!
TOP TEN WINTER THINGS TO DO!
To discover the glory of a Comox Valley winter, try some of these options for winter fun:
- Ride the slopes at Mount Washington on skis or snowboard with these great lift ticket deals or give the tube park a whirl!
- Famished after a day on the hill? Refuel, relax, and unwind at Comox Valley Dine Around Festival Feb 20-Mar 15, 2020 with Foodie Events, Sip & Savour Tours and $25, $35, and $45 daily menus!
- Check out over 55 miles of pristine cross-country trails at Mount Washington’s Raven Lodge
- Treat yourself to a rejuvenating spa treatment
- Tour the festive window displays in the Downtown shopping areas
- Browse local art galleries and gift shops
- Check out one of our eight museums
- Visit the indoor Comox Valley Farmers’ Market and sample local produce
- Challenge yourself on one of the year-round golf courses
- Experience spectacular scuba diving in one of the world’s cleanest marine environments
City / Area:
Festival / Fair / Exhibition
Walking / Hiking / Running
Sample the very best of the Comox Valley on this convenient and eco-friendly alternate transportation. Feel the wind in your hair and smell the sea breeze as you tour waterfront
Sample the very best of the Comox Valley on this convenient and eco-friendly alternate transportation. Feel the wind in your hair and smell the sea breeze as you tour waterfront trails and beautiful forests throughout our island wonderland.
October 10 (Thursday) 9:00 am - December 31 (Tuesday) 6:00 pm
The Opening event will be held Friday, November 1st from 3:00PM - 5:00 PM. The CV/Arts Annual exhibit runs November thru May each season, and submissions are open to all artists
The Opening event will be held Friday, November 1st from 3:00PM – 5:00 PM.
The CV/Arts Annual exhibit runs November thru May each season, and submissions are open to all artists in the catchment of the airport, which is everywhere north of Parksville.
“Living on Vancouver Island, we are blessed with magical surroundings, a vibrant community and vast creativity”, states Dallas Stevenson, Executive Director of Comox Valley Arts. “We are fortunate to have the Comox Airport place a high priority on showcasing the talented artists in this area.”
(Friday) 4:00 am
Comox Valley Airport
1250 Knight Rd, Comox
In December, Crown Isle is transformed into a winter wonderland both inside and out. Visit the Clubhouse Lobby and bid on your favourite Gingerbread Houses and Teddy Bear Baskets in
In December, Crown Isle is transformed into a winter wonderland both inside and out. Visit the Clubhouse Lobby and bid on your favourite Gingerbread Houses and Teddy Bear Baskets in the annual Gingerbread Village silent auction. Get your holiday decorating, Christmas shopping, and charity giving done with some great bids! This Charity Silent Auction raises money for Dawn to Dawn Action on Homelessness, the Comox Valley Transition Society, and the Boys and Girls Club of Central Vancouver Island.
The Gingerbread Village will be on display from November 29 – December 18. Last day for silent auction bids is December 18.
Thank you to all our participants who put an amazing amount of work into these creations.
(Friday) 8:00 am - 11:59 pm
Crown Isle Resort
399 Clubhouse Drive, Courtenay, BC