The Comox Valley is Vancouver Island’s true winter destination. With a resort boasting one of North America’s deepest snowpacks right at the Valley’s doorstep, you can bet that winter time means fun-time for locals and visitors alike. Winter isn’t all about snow play however, even with phenomenal skiing and boarding only 30 minutes away, a green Comox Valley offers visitors an opportunity to play a bucket list favourite year-round: golf!
Treat yourself to a rejuvenating spa treatment, browse for gifts in art galleries and boutiques, visit the indoor Comox Valley Farmers’ Market, check out one of eight museums, experience crystal clear visibility scuba diving or enjoy festive window displays in downtown shopping areas.
TOP TEN WINTER THINGS TO DO!
To discover the glory of a Comox Valley winter, try some of these options for winter fun:
- Ride the slopes at Mount Washington on skis or snowboard with these great lift ticket deals or give the tube park a whirl!
- Famished after a day on the hill? Refuel, relax, and unwind at Comox Valley Dine Around Festival Feb 21 – Mar 17 with Foodie Events, Sip & Savour Tours and $25, $35, and $45 daily menus!
Download our Dine Around Program Guide here!
- Check out over 55 miles of pristine cross-country trails at Mount Washington’s Raven Lodge
- Treat yourself to a rejuvenating spa treatment
- Tour the festive window displays in the Downtown shopping areas
- Browse local art galleries and gift shops
- Check out one of our eight museums
- Visit the indoor Comox Valley Farmers’ Market and sample local produce
- Challenge yourself on one of the year-round golf courses
- Experience spectacular scuba diving in one of the world’s cleanest marine environments
City / Area:
Festival / Fair / Exhibition
Walking / Hiking / Running
Strut your stuff at our Evening Rail Jam. Show us your best moves in our Rail Park by the lodge. Comp Schedule: 4:00pm – 4:45 pm – Registration Categories are Men and Women
Strut your stuff at our Evening Rail Jam. Show us your best moves in our Rail Park by the lodge.
4:00pm – 4:45 pm – Registration
Categories are Men and Women for both ski and board.
5:00pm – 5:45pm – Warm Up
5:45pm – Riders Meeting
6:00pm – 7:00pm Judged Runs and Best trick comp!
Note: Comp Schedule subject to based on total entries
Competitors are judged on 3 runs, but its all about fun! Register by Whiskey Jack load 4-4:45pm.
No charge for this event!
Scores will be continued from week to week, and a winner will be crowned March 30th!!!!
(Friday) 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
1 Strathcona Parkway,
A rising musical presence on the Vancouver Island music scene, musical duo Andrea Rose and Jesse Hampton are delivering soul satisfying performances to a growing number of audiences. They bring
A rising musical presence on the Vancouver Island music scene, musical duo Andrea Rose and Jesse Hampton are delivering soul satisfying performances to a growing number of audiences. They bring a diverse collection of lyrically driven melodies and groovy foot tapping rhythms – the kind of feel good acoustic folk you can kick back to, or if you’re so inclined, dance to.
(Friday) 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
1761 C Comox Ave, Comox
Perched above the shore with the ocean lapping at its feet, the Thatch Pub is the first sight to greet islanders and visitors as they arrive on Hornby Island. Every
Perched above the shore with the ocean lapping at its feet, the Thatch Pub is the first sight to greet islanders and visitors as they arrive on Hornby Island. Every Friday evening Annie Siegel (piano, vocals) comes over from Denman Island to join Dan Inglis (bass), Darryl Bohn (drums), & Tony Wilson (guitar), to make music. Friday Night Jazz at the Thatch has been a fixture on the Hornby calendar since 1990. Over the years many talented guests have dropped by to join the session. Always something new and exciting!
(Friday) 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm
325 Shingle Spit Rd, Hornby Island, BC V0R 1Z0