Outdoors Are In! Photo Contest
Discover Comox Valley’s summer campaign launches the Outdoors Are In! Photo Contest on June 26th, 2020. BC residents can submit their photos of summertime adventures in the Comox Valley to be entered to win one of the weekly prize draw giveaways (each Friday beginning July 3rd for 12 weeks)! Individuals can submit their photo’s via Facebook, Instagram or email by September 18th, 2020). The top 3 photographs from each category will then be posted to the Vancouver Island Visitor Centre Facebook page where a GRAND PRIZE WINNER will be choose by People’s Choice Award (the image with the most Facebook “likes”) by September 25th, 2020.
- Outdoor Adventure – for photos of biking, hiking, zipline, golf, beaches, local wildlife, etc.
- Marine Adventure – for photos of marine tours, kayaking, paddleboards, sealife, etc.
- Culinary Experiences – for photos at local restaurants, cafes, wineries, breweries, distilleries, farms and Farm stand, etc. or their product(s)
- Local Arts & Culture – for photos at local arts, culture or heritage sites, or those that represent the local arts, culture and/or heritage
The Outdoors Are In! Photo Contest begins Friday, June 26th and ends Friday, September 18th, 2020. Weekly prizes for submissions will be awarded at the end of each week (12 weeks total), by drawing a random winner from those who have submitted that week (Friday to Thursday) with winner announced each Friday.
Who May Enter:
The Photo Contest is open to BC residents ages 19+ at the time of entry. Employees or affiliates of the Vancouver Island Visitor Centre or Comox Valley Economic Development Society and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses) or persons living in the same households of such employees are not eligible.
Photos can be submitted by one of three different ways:
- As a comment on Vancouver Island Visitor Centre’s Facebook contest post (@OfficialDiscoverComoxValley account);
- In Instagram by tagging @tourismcomoxvalley AND #OutdoorsAreInPhotoContest with your post;
- Or via email to Tours@discovercomoxvalley.com
Photographs will be used by Discover Comox Valley to market and promote things to do in the Comox Valley via website, social media, e-newletters. Photos may also be incorporated into the Comox Valley Economic Development & Tourism (CVEDS) documents and/or reports. By entering, you give Discover Comox Valley and CVEDS permission to use your photograph. Photo credits will be given wherever possible.
If any person appearing in any photograph is under the age of majority in BC, the signature of a parent or legal guardian is required on each release.