Get out on the water and book a fishing charter or paddle a kayak or SUP board around Goose Spit. Hike Paradise Meadows or the trails of Nymph Falls and Seal Bay nature parks. Take off for some fast riding on hand built mountain bike trails, browse numerous arts and crafts galleries and studios around the Valley. It’s foodie paradise here, tour local wineries, craft breweries, and distilleries. Support local farmers and fill your basket at the year-round Comox Valley Farmers’ Market or visit their Online Farmers Market.
TOP SUMMER ACTIVITIES TO DO!
Hiking Trails and Parks
- Hike the trails of Strathcona Provincial Park
- Seal Bay Nature Park
- Nymph Falls Nature Park
- Wildwood Interpretive Forest
- Royston Seaside Trail
- Comox Marina Park
- Other walking and hiking trails
Beaches and Outdoor Water Activities
- Goose Spit Beach
- Kye Bay Beach
- Saratoga Beach
- Miracle Beach Provincial Park
- Kayak the Courtenay estuary, Comox Lake or among the islands in Salish Sea
Tours & Activities
- Charter a fishing or sightseeing tour
- Tour numerous local art studios and galleries
- Tour and taste at locals breweries, wineries & distilleries
- Take Mount Washington ZipTour to experience 2.3 km of stunning alpine-ocean scenery
- Travel 80 million years back in time by taking fossil tours with the Courtenay Museum
- Taste your way through the Comox Valley by taking culinary tours
- Take Whale Watching tour on a zodiac or covered boat
- Grizzly Bear Expedition tour
- Discover Aboriginal heritage and learn about the K’òmoks First Nation
- Golfing can be fun whether you do it with family or friends. No matter if you are skilled and looking for deluxe championship golf course or just a non-golfer wanting to experience something new, Comox Valley has nine golf courses that is suitable for golfers of all skill levels. Book a tee time and hit the links for majestic views
Local Farmers’ Market, Food Producers,
- Enjoy local produce at the year round Comox Valley Farmers’ Market or shop at the online Comox Valley Farmers’ Market store
- Buy off-the-boat salmon, tuna, and halibut at the Fisherman’s Wharf
- Buy fresh food from various food trucks at Comox Marina Park
Rainy Day Summer Activities
Raining outside? Comox Valley has various museums, art galleries, and theatres to keep you covered in a rainy day.
City / Area:
Festival / Fair / Exhibition
Walking / Hiking / Running
The Level 1 course is for both new and experienced instructors alike, looking to learn how to skillfully teach and guide beginner to intermediate mountain bikers, in both cross country
The Level 1 course is for both new and experienced instructors alike, looking to learn how to skillfully teach and guide beginner to intermediate mountain bikers, in both cross country and downhill environments. New instructors learn the tools they need to safely and effectively teach, while experienced instructors will increase their level of skill and understanding in teaching and riding theory, that the PMBI Certifications uniquely provide.
A strong focus is given to learning teaching skills in their own right, to develop a sense of this all-important part of a mountain bike lesson. As you learn and practice proven, modern teaching skills through the course, you’ll see how being a good rider is only one part of being a professional instructor.
Riding skills and theory are also covered along with plenty of time to practice as well as receiving personal feedback for your own improvement, each day. The three-day course is practical-based, spending each day riding and teaching on the trails. Additional PMBI Workshops covering topics such as bike-fit, mechanics and first aid, take place at the start or end of each day, to further build your knowledge and skillset during the course.
(Tuesday) 9:00 am - 5:30 pm
1 Strathcona Parkway,
We guarantee Whale sightings on our 7 Hour Big Animal Encounters between July 1 - September 30 (see details below) Cruise deep into Desolation Sound in search of the biggest and
We guarantee Whale sightings on our 7 Hour Big Animal Encounters between July 1 – September 30 (see details below)
Cruise deep into Desolation Sound in search of the biggest and most exciting marine animals and towering mountain scenery. We provide a full lunch and refreshments along the way. You’ll have plenty of opportunities to stop for breaks at interesting and historical sites in this beautiful area. Tour departs from our Campbell River Marine Adventure Centre at the Discovery Harbour Shopping Centre.
7 Hour tours take place on our covered vessels between May 15 – August 14 and on our Zodiac vessels between August 15 – October 11.
*Our whale guarantee: In the extremely unlikely event you are not able to see whales on this tour between July 1 – September 30, we will take you along as a standby passenger for no charge at another time. Complimentary ticket valid for 24 months and does not apply to passengers who took part with discounted or special ticket pricing.
Our 7 Hour tours operate on a minimum passenger load of 6. If we do not meet the minimums we will take the following steps;
- You may choose to rebook on another date,
- We will do our best to schedule you onto another tour provider,
- You may request a full refund without penalty.
Thank you for your understanding.
(Tuesday) 9:30 am
Big Animal Encounters
1340 Island Hwy #129, Campbell River
Free webinar DESCRIPTION Maintaining Business Continuity through COVID-19 and beyond In this webinar you will hear from Rogers Product Management executives who will provide you information on how to ensure that your business
Maintaining Business Continuity through COVID-19 and beyond
In this webinar you will hear from Rogers Product Management executives who will provide you information on how to ensure that your business remains operational and your teams stay productive during these changing workplace environments.
The discussion will cover:
- Equipping employees to work safely and effectively from home
- Continue providing the same level of service to your customers
- Access and protect your business data no matter where you are
(Tuesday) 10:00 am - 11:00 am
2020 Summer exhibit. The exhibit is planned to show through Remembrance Day.
2020 Summer exhibit.
The exhibit is planned to show through Remembrance Day.
(Tuesday) 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
HMCS Alberni Museum and Memorial
625 Cliffe Ave (behind Tulio\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s), Courtenay, BC