Existing Business Resources
Move Your Business to the Comox Valley
If you’re looking to move or expand your business to a progressive community with available and affordable commercial development space and a rich mix of local resources, the Comox Valley is just the place. Located an hour drive north of Nanaimo and three hours from Victoria, the Comox Valley gives you all the benefits of building your enterprise in a smaller community without being too remote. Multiple short, daily and direct flights to Vancouver and Calgary can put you at any major junction in North America within hours, and without hassle.
Google My Business
Make sure your business is digital ready and visible across key online search engines like Google and TripAdvisor. Comox Valley Economic Development (CVEDS) offers this FREE Google My Business Verification Program to support businesses to help verify/optimize their Google My Business listing, which includes a site visit to the business to take 360 degree photos and upload them to the businesses Google My Business Listing. By verifying and editing this information, businesses can ensure their customers can find them and they can tell the story of your business, thereby increasing awareness of your business services.
For more information, contact the Vancouver Island Visitor Centre firstname.lastname@example.org or call 250-400-2882.
Book online now – click here.
E-commerce for Businesses
Looking to move your business online? See below for helpful information, online resources, and workshop opportunities to help your business move forward digitally and utilize technology.
- Alibaba – wholesale marketplace
- BigCommerce – start a free trail then launch your online business
- Etsy – buy & sell handcrafted products
- Shopify – platform to sell online, on social media, or in person. Connect to Shopify Experts
- Square – build a free E-commerce online store
- Wix – create a website to sell your products online
- WooCommerce – a plugin for your WordPress website
- AnyCard – start selling e-gift cards through your website or Facebook page
- CashStar – sell both digital and physical gift cards directly from your website
- GiftFly – selling and promoting your online gift cards for free
- GiftUp – sell your business’ gift cards online
- GiveX – start a gift card program tailored to your needs
- Is Your Business Digitally Ready? – Destination BC
- Give Your Website a Refresh – Destination BC
- Gift Card Support is Now Available on All Plans to Help Small Businesses – Shopify
- How to Quickly Set Up a “Buy Online, Pickup Curbside” Experience with Shopify – Shopify
- The Top 21 Best Practices for Running a Successful Ecommerce Website – Quick Sprout
- Don’t Miss Tips to Getting Your Small Business Online – Small Business BC
- How to Set Up an E-commerce Store and Raise Money for your Non-Profit – Tech Soup Canada
- The Importance of an Online Presence: Engaging the Next Generation of Donors – Tech Soup Canada
- Is Your Business a Good Fit for Amazon? – BigCommerce
- Shopify vs Etsy: Should You Sell on a Marketplace or Webstore? – nChannel
- WooCommerce: Who is it perfect for (and who should avoid it) – WooCommerce
Past workshops presentations
- Small Business BC’s Creative Ways to Help Business Thrive Digitally recording from April 1
- Small Business BC’s Get Online with Shopify webinar recording from March 26
- MNP’s “Digital Commerce: When the Whole World is you Store” presentation
- Tourism Vancouver Island’s “Tapping into BC’s Tourism Content Commonwealth” presentation from October 2019
- Medium Rare’s Moving Your Business Online – link coming soon