How To Become A Stakeholder & Get a Free Business Listing
This page exists to provide Experience Comox Valley stakeholders with resources, information and marketing tools. On this page you will find how to become a registered stakeholder, how to claim a website listing, a guide to social media amplification, news and updates, Comox Valley Tourism Advisory Committee, and more.
We are excited to collect comments and suggestions from stakeholders around our beautiful region. We will be using your input to continuously work on improving the existing Comox Valley brand and increase the effectiveness of our destination marketing initiatives.
Destination marketing is always most effective when it is industry-driven. By contributing, you will be helping us assemble the elements we need to create great marketing campaigns, and influencing the future of tourism in Comox Valley.
Thank you for being an active part of Experience Comox Valley!
NEW! Experience Comox Valley Events and Experiences Fund
The Events & Experiences Fund (EEF) invests in creating or enhancing the supply of experiences, events and festivals that attract visitors to the Comox Valley and improve our region’s competitive appeal as a preferred multi-night destination on Vancouver Island. Learn more here.
Comox Valley Tourism Advisory Committee
The Comox Valley Tourism Advisory Committee (TAC) will guide the work of Experience Comox Valley (ECV) and ensure transparent and meaningful collaboration with the local tourism industry.
The TAC exists to achieve the following:
- Provide input into the management of and use of the City of Courtenay’s MRDT and other tourism-related funds such as the Destination BC Cooperative Marketing Partnership Program;
- Advise, review and recommend annual marketing plans and budgets and associated performance and financial reports for final approval and submission by the City of Courtenay and/or CVRD;
- Work collaboratively to grow the economic and social benefits of tourism in the Comox Valley and strengthen the Region’s reputation as a preferred and year-round overnight destination;
- Provide the City of Courtenay, CVRD and Experience Comox Valley with advice and recommendations on a variety of tourism-related matters; and
- Represent the best interests of tourism stakeholders in the Comox Valley.
2023-24 TAC Members:
- David Rooper, Old House Hotel & Spa
- Jin Lin, Maple Pool Campsite
- Grant Smith, Bayview Hotel
- Steve Veloso, Island Pursuit Sport Fishing
- Darren Adam, Cumberland Brewing
- Mike Atkins, Comox Valley Airport Commission
- VACANT positions: Arts & Culture, Tourism business, and Indigenous Tourism business
Contact for more info.
Resources, Marketing Tools, Research & Information
Experience Comox Valley is pleased to provide information on research, marketing initiatives, and other resources of benefit to our stakeholders. We actively work with stakeholders, partners and the community to shape the future of sustainable tourism, the tourism economy in our region, and to deliver our brand promise to each and every visitor. Our core responsibility is to showcase the activities and amenities that are integral to our brand.
DBC Content Hub
The BC Content Hub is a portal to Destination British Columbia’s digital asset management system (DAM). Available assets from Destination BC and our partners can be found here and used to promote tourism in British Columbia. Find out more about how you can use these assets to market your business in the Comox Valley.
Are you a tourism or hospitality focused business or organization operating in the Comox Valley region? Join the Experience Comox Valley stakeholder list in showcasing the region as a destination for leisure travelers. By joining you gain access to a range of benefits and promotional opportunities that can help grow your business.
- Networking opportunities
- Access to Experience Comox Valley’s events calendar
- Opportunity for Experience Comox Valley consumer newsletter mentions
- Recognized as a Travel Media Partner for potential press trips and travel media visits
- Online listing on our business directory (business description, images, video, click-though, links to social)
- Social Media support - content submitted is shared across channels
- Use of visual assets (images + video)
- Opportunity for mentions and direct links in blogs